Caryn Larrinaga is an award-winning mystery, horror, and urban fantasy writer. Her debut novel, Donn’s Hill (March 2017, Immortal Works Press), was awarded the League of Utah Writers 2017 Silver Quill in the adult novel category and was a 2017 Dragon Award finalist.
Watching scary movies through split fingers terrified Caryn as a child, and those nightmares inspire her to write now. Her 90-year-old house has a colorful history, and the creaking walls and narrow hallways send her running (never walking) up the stairs. Exploring her fears through writing makes Caryn feel a little less foolish for wanting a buddy to accompany her into the tool shed.
Caryn lives near Salt Lake City, Utah, with her husband and their clowder of cats.
Interviews / Q&As with Caryn
- An Interview with Caryn Larrinaga, by Jeff Kivela of Buttonholed Book Reviews (January 16, 2017)
- Saturday Spotlight, by Martin McConnell on WriteFarmLive.com (March 4, 2017)
- Gavin's Underground: Caryn Larrinaga, by Gavin Sheehan on CityWeekly.net (March 12, 2017)
- An Interview with Paranormal Mystery Author Caryn Larrinaga! by Clare Kauter on ClareKauter.com (March 14, 2017)
- Podcast: Interview with Caryn Larrinaga, by Bryce Beattie on StoryHack.com (March 22, 2017)
- Q&A With Caryn Larrinaga, by Jonathan Stinson on JStinsonInk.com (March 23, 2017)