- About Caryn -
Caryn Larrinaga is a Basque-American mystery, horror, and fantasy writer living in Utah with her husband and cats. Despite obtaining a degree in Anthropology (which is much cooler than you might think), she explored several career paths before deciding that she had to follow her passion. Suddenly, writing fiction was the only thing that made sense.
Watching scary movies through split fingers terrified Caryn as a child and inspires her to write now. She lives in a 90-year-old house with a colorful history, and the creaking walls and narrow hallways send her running (never walking) up the stairs from her basement whenever she has no other choice but to go down there. Exploring her fears through writing makes Caryn feel a little bit less foolish for wanting a buddy to accompany her into the tool shed.
When her fingers aren't glued to her laptop keyboard, Caryn also enjoys binge-watching superhero television shows, reading, playing video games, and filling up her phone's flash memory with pictures of her cats. She loves music, and plays the bass guitar.
Interviews / Q&As with Caryn
- An Interview with Caryn Larrinaga, by Jeff Kivela of Buttonholed Book Reviews (January 16, 2017)
- Saturday Spotlight, by Martin McConnell on WriteFarmLive.com (March 4, 2017)
- Gavin's Underground: Caryn Larrinaga, by Gavin Sheehan on CityWeekly.net (March 12, 2017)
- An Interview with Paranormal Mystery Author Caryn Larrinaga! by Clare Kauter on ClareKauter.com (March 14, 2017)
- Podcast: Interview with Caryn Larrinaga, by Bryce Beattie on StoryHack.com (March 22, 2017)
- Q&A With Caryn Larrinaga, by Jonathan Stinson on JStinsonInk.com (March 23, 2017)